Thursday, November 17, 2016

37 Days Till Christmas

I've got a different perspective about Christmas now that I'm an overtime caregiver to my Mister. It can be a struggle to love the idea of the house being all festive and full of good cheer and dread the work that goes into the task of getting the "spirit" here in a place this size.

And by no means am I wishing away Fall or Thanksgiving. It's been an amazing Fall weather wise. We are due for a couple more warm days but the weekend calls for snow. Of course, it won't stick, but I'm ready to see the white stuff fly through the air. This will be our first winter in this ole farmhouse, and I'm super curious to see, hear, and feel all that she has to share with us. I'm a strong believer in the fact that a home carry's lots and lots of energy of the people who have passed through them. And Charlotte has 116 years of history.

Back to Christmas. I have to put up three Christmas trees. One for us, and one for each of our guest rooms. And that might be all I have the energy for. We shall see. I'm sharing the newest edition to my Christmas tree collection. I've been seeing these snowy trees a lot this year on social media posts and decided that with the gray walls and current home decor it would look pretty good here. The problem I was having when picking out which one to buy was the price. I have to go thrifty always. You know once a retailer realizes it's trendy, up goes the price and that was the case here. So I set out to do my homework and as always look for the best deal. This tree was it and had the best reviews. It came from Amazon,  Perfect Holiday Christmas Tree, 6-Feet, Flocked Snow, by Perfect Holiday. I can't say enough about this tree. It was easy to put together and had very minimal white mess. It's full and life-like. And this tree looks as good as any other I've seen from my fellow Instagramers, FB pages, Bloggers, and Pinners. My savings were half of what they paid. Now the tree is ready for placement and then lights, I'll decorate it after Thanksgiving.

Another thing I did this week was plant shrubs near the entrance to the inn.  It's rough looking for now. The plan is to change out the landscaping a bit next spring, but I got such an amazing deal on these Ninebark shrubs at Barnes here in Port Clinton, This is what I planted and to the right is what I'm hoping for.


That's it for now. Enjoy the posts and happy days to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment