Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Old RCA Victor Talking Machine 1936 Model

I've decided after looking at this 1936 RCA Victor Radio for years and years in the current condition that I would revamp it. I'm not thinking about a re-purpose, more like bringing into the modern era. (sort of)

First and for now it's got the chaise, speaker, and dials removed. I've ordered a few various tubes and new dials hoping I can get it working again. At this point, it's not looking very good. Sadly there is a center dial holder/prong completely missing, and I can't repair it. I'm sure you get the picture.

If I can't get it working the old fashioned way and be safe operating it, I'm simply going to put my wireless bluetooth speaker in the back area and play music that way.

Next, I'm going to paint it white and probably remove the screening and replace it with burlap. The paint is going to be a creamy white color. I know some of you wish I wouldn't paint it, but there are area's around the bottom that I'm not talented enough to replace the trim. So, paint is my option. I don't necessarily paint my wood pieces; I love the original look whenever possible too, but it's just not the case here. I think it will look completely retro again, and the details will stand out better in white paint.

So stay "tuned" for the transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment